Hubbell and Benes. Benjamin Hubbell (1867-1953) and W. Dominick Benes (1857-1935) were an architectural team from 1897-1935. Benes was Jephtha Wade’s personal architect and designed the Wade Memorial Chapel at Lake View Cemetery with its interior designed by Louis Comfort Tiffany. Wade’s grandson commissioned the firm to create Cleveland’s “Temple of Art and Culture”, the Cleveland Museum of Art—a classical revival building. They developed plans for Wade Park with the museum as its focus. On the West Side, they built the West Side Market (1912) and had hoped to develop a public center there. The market itself is built in the style of the wonderful European indoor/outdoor markets and has columns with terra cotta capitals depicting fruits, vegetables and animals. Hubbell and Benes created a number of important public structures between 1905 and 1930 including YMCA Building (1908), Ohio Bell Telephone building (1925-7).